I had rapid heart beat on Saturday from 6pm -9:30pm. Normally it only lasts for 20 min, so this alarmed me. I was short of breath and my legs were tingly; It felt like I was on a treadmill that I couldnt get off of. I was at 100-120bmp for this time. I figured it would be fine, I would just call the doctor on Monday and tell them what was going on.
Sunday came and I didnt feel the baby move at all. I called the doctor today (monday) and told them about my heart, and also that the baby hadn't moved yesterday or today. After talking with the doctor, the told me that I needed to go into 'Triage", an emergency room for natal care. (did i tell you my hospital is awesome?!) And that I needed to bring someone with me.
David and I went, I did great keeping calm, although my hands were shaky. They hooked up the fetal monitor and we heart the beautiful sound of the babys heart! I started crying; I was just so happy. The doctor came and told me that they want me to go see a cardiologist and if my bpm's go up again to come in so they can record it.
All in all, we had a scare, but are very relieved to find out that everything seems to be going just fine now!
We love you Silly Vonna!!
I was in a state of shock when the nurse on the phone pressed that it was a serious having both combined. I must had been in denial before then. No one really thinks that the possibility of the worst could happen to them. On the way to the hospital, those illusions of 'invincibility' were washed away. I am so thankful things are good. I cant begin to explain how connected you get with your little child growing in your belly, I never knew before getting pregnant how that really feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment